Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Unique Birthday Card

My baby girl is officially a teenager today! She has long outgrown pink, frilly, and cute things, so making a birthday card for her is becoming increasingly difficult. Oh sure, she puts up with her mom's efforts, and even applauds them, but I wanted to come up with something that was really unique this year.

My daughter's favorite color is black, and she is into the "goth" look...which to me just means something that is victorian, and black! It dawned on me this morning that I could use the star in the free Wanted stamp set I got from convention, because a lot of "western" stuff has a victorian look to it. I also took out the Star Punch, and the 3/4" and 1" circle punches to experiment. I wanted something swirly in the background, so I borrowed a flourish from the Sweet Shapes stamp set. You can also just barely see the flourish which has also been stamped around the white layer of the greeting.

I stamped the stars and mounted them on the circles, then mounted the circles onto the flourish-stamped background. Then I went around the edges of the card front and trimmed the overlap from the punched pieces. The greeting is layered and then mounted onto the front of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals to give it some height. I sure hope she likes it!



Stampin' Supplies: Wanted stamp set, Sweet Shapes stamp set, Sincere Salutations stamp set, Whisper White card stock, Basic Black card stock, Basic Gray card stock, Basic Black Classic ink pad, Star Punch, 3/16" Corner Punch, 3/4" & 1" Circle Punches, Stampin' Dimensionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Comments are moderated and may take a while to show up...please be patient!

NOTE: If you would like to read any replies to your comment, please be sure you check the Notify Me box. If you would prefer an email response from me, please contact me at procrastistamper@gmail.com, as I do NOT receive an email address in association with your comment. Thank you!