Thursday, February 21, 2008

Some Sale-A-Bration Samples

It's been really busy around here, trying to catch up with taking pictures and getting things posted. I just finally got my February Newsletter out, you can take a peek at an archived copy if you scroll down on the right sidebar!

I've made some samples using FREE SALE-A-BRATION SETS that I want to share with you today, because they can all be made using supplies from kits that I have put together for your convenience. The cards are all very easy to make, nothing complicated about them, so any level stamper can complete them! These are progressive cards, made from the combined kits, which are outlined in boxes on this flyer.

The sample below is made from the River Rock/Blue Bayou Birthday Whimsy Kit, the pictures are of the outside, and the inside. Below that you will find a sample made from the Party Time Add-On Kit (there's nothing special inside so I just have a picture of the outside).



The first card below is made from the Always Artichoke Birthday Whimsy Basic Kit. I'm not crazy about it myself because I don't care for green, but I chose this because it's very "manly" looking. It's easy to make cute, girlie cards, and a bit more challenging to come up with something masculine. Next to that is the inside of the card. Then below that you'll find the inside and outside of a sample made from the Bashful Blue Birthday Whimsy Add-On Kit. White dots were made on the first card with a gel pen, and white stars were made in the corners of the second card with a gel pen. The string coming down from the balloons was doodled with a black marker, as was the bow. Though you could ink up the bow on the gift package image with your black marker instead, if you'd like to use it there.




And finally, the sample on the left below is made from the Lots of Thoughts Basic Kit, and the sample on the right below is made from the So Many Scallops Add-On Kit. The only detail on these cards that you might not be able to readily see from the photo is that there was a square punched into the front of each of the cards, which the layered greetings "peek" through. In addition, the little flowers on the horizontal band of the first card were doodled with a marker.


Pretty much all of the Stampin' Supplies used to make the cards have been listed on the specified kits on the flyer, so I won't go into too much detail about those in this post. Some of the colors in the last kits are left open for customization, so I'll share what I used there. I chose Bashful Blue as the first marker for the Basic Kit. I teamed that with Certainly Celery (and chose that as another color marker in the Add-On Kit). All card stock comes from the Soft Subtles color family, with Apricot Appeal used as the coordinating color on the first card. The background set on the Add-On card is Background Basics, the ribbon is Bashful Blue, and the Brads are Certainly Celery (from the Soft Subtles assortment).

This last card below was super quick and easy, but has gotten the most Oooohs and Ahhhhs for some reason, so I wanted to share it. I made it using the contents of the same previous Basic and Add-On Kits, adding Perfect Plum as a marker choice, and choosing White 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon instead of Bashful Blue. (HINT: you can color the white ribbon with markers, to get more variety from one product!) The card stock colors used for this card are Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, and Mellow Moss, which are all also included in the Soft Subtles Assortment. If you have any other questions on specifics, please feel free to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Comments are moderated and may take a while to show up...please be patient!

NOTE: If you would like to read any replies to your comment, please be sure you check the Notify Me box. If you would prefer an email response from me, please contact me at procrastistamper@gmail.com, as I do NOT receive an email address in association with your comment. Thank you!