Sunday, June 1, 2008

Artisan Award Entry #6

The remaining of the (10) Artisan Award Entries are the 5 cards we had to submit.


The first one I made above was with the Happy Heart Day stamp set, and I also used the heart from the Time Well Spent Hostess set. The heart was attached to the pullout card with a Stampin' Dimensional®, both to lift it so it would be easy to grasp, and also so the foam popup would act as a "stop" to keep the card perched at the right place in the pocket. I made the pocket using the Mini Envelopes template, and the celery dotted pattern from the Spring Fling Designer Series Papers. I watercolored images with the Blender Pens and Stampin' Pastels on Confetti White card stock, and colored in the flower petals on the Bashful Blue background piece with the Versamarker. I wanted more depth in the background, and didn't want all the hearts at the center of each of the flowers to show, so I covered those with punched circles of card stock, using Mini Glue Dots®.


I used a flower slide from the Styled Silver Hodgepodge Kit, adding color to the flower by mixing a drop of ink with a few drops of Crystal Effects (CE), stirring with a toothpick, then using the toothpick to dab the color mix into the flower slide. It dries amazingly fast, and the color is fantastic. You can mix the ink and CE on a scratch piece of plastic, or a cello bag, for easy cleanup.


I just love the mouse in the Happy Heart Day stamp set, and I wanted to use the set in a way other than the obvious Valentine presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Comments are moderated and may take a while to show up...please be patient!

NOTE: If you would like to read any replies to your comment, please be sure you check the Notify Me box. If you would prefer an email response from me, please contact me at procrastistamper@gmail.com, as I do NOT receive an email address in association with your comment. Thank you!