Thursday, August 13, 2009

Convention Homecoming

Wow! I got home from the Stampin' Up! 2009 Convention on Sunday night, and I'm still not upacked! It was jam-packed full of excitement, information, and creativity! I did very few swap cards (about 15 or so) to swap with some special friends. The card I made is shown below, though my original is just a little bit more embellished than the later cards, because I ran out of silver elastic cord! I think you'll want to click on this picture to see it in its full-size glory.


This is the first time I ever used the Shimmery White card stock, and I just love it! You pretty much have to see it in person to appreciate it, but it's like having a layer of superfine glitter all over the surface. My first draft of this swap card was made using this same stamp set and palette, but it had the phrase 'Merry Christmas' on it--stamped in Basic Black on Old Olive and trimmed close around it. The Peanut Gallery at home bemoaned the "non-traditional" colors, so I decided to stick with the Congratulations greeting which is included in the stamp set. Personally, I think these colors would be great for the holidays, but I can see how that might be a little too artsy-fartsy for some folks. Choose for yourself, then shop my ONLINE STORE to order your supplies and have them delivered right to your door!

Stampin' Supplies: Wedding Sweet stamp set, Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp set (speckles), Shimmery White card stock, Rich Razzleberry card stock and marker, Soft Suede card stock and marker, Old Olive marker (and ink pad for dying ribbon), Old Olive Brad (from Earth Elements brad asst), Filigree Brads, Scallop Edge Punch, Modern Label Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch (for little flower under filigree brad), 1/16" Circle Punch, Stampin' Sponge, White Organza Ribbon (dyed Old Olive by dragging it thru ink pad while holding it down with sponge), Silver Elastic Cord.

I'll be posting more swap cards and ideas from Convention over the next few weeks and months. I had a great time, and can't wait to show you the Stampin' Up! Build-A-Bear I brought home!!! It's really taking a lot of willpower trying to pace myself.

Don't forget, there is an $85 STARTER KIT SPECIAL going on through the end of August. If you want to hear all about Convention, and learn all the nifty tips, techniques, and tricks I brought home with me, then use my Recruiter Authorization Password (newdemonstrator) and go SIGN UP RIGHT NOW! You will have access to my Convention Notes, plus I'll be sharing my Convention experience through downline training all year long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Comments are moderated and may take a while to show up...please be patient!

NOTE: If you would like to read any replies to your comment, please be sure you check the Notify Me box. If you would prefer an email response from me, please contact me at procrastistamper@gmail.com, as I do NOT receive an email address in association with your comment. Thank you!